PLEASE NOTE: The Senior Manager in Human Resources Professional Certificate will not be offered after Summer 2014. For more information, please contact Shera Alberti-Annunzio at Extended Studies, (775) 784-4046 or 1-800-233-8928, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leading-edge human resources solutions for experienced professionals
Today’s senior executives and managers in human resources must be multitalented as business partners, leaders, change agents, advocates and HR experts. This advanced 10-course certificate is designed to provide human resources leaders with strategic and tactical skills for improving organizational effectiveness, developing a talent-management culture, building employee engagement, and understanding the fiscal impacts of human resources departments.
Program participants will gain detailed understanding of HR processes and systems, as well as practical “how-to” knowledge for administering human resources programs and moving into strategic positions as part of the company management team in today’s competitive business environment.
Program participants must meet one of the following requirements prior to enrollment:
- Completion of the 10-course Extended Studies Human Resources Management Certificate in addition to three years of experience as a human resources professional
- Professional/Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) designation granted through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience working in human resources
To earn the Senior Manager in Human Resources Professional Certificate, participants must complete the four required core courses in addition to six certificate elective courses. Only courses designated with the AHR schedule number may be applied toward certificate completion.
Courses may be taken independently or applied toward the requirements of the 10-course Senior Manager in Human Resources Professional Certificate (courses may not be applied to any other Extended Studies certificate). No formal admission to the University is required. Ask about a 10 percent discount for multiple registrations from the same organization.
Certificate Core Courses
- Developing a Total Rewards Package: Compensation and Benefits (previously listed as Principles of Total Rewards)
- Human Resources Leadership: Becoming a Business Partner
- The Rules Have Changed: Is Your HR Department in Compliance?
- Protecting Your Company's Future Through Succession Planning
For more information, please contact Shera Alberti-Annunzio at Extended Studies, (775) 784-4046 or 1-800-233-8928, or email email@example.com.
- Conducting an Effective Workplace Investigation
- Getting More from Your Compensation and Benefits Programs
- How to Work with Legal Counsel
- Impacting and Influencing Organizational Strategy - The HR and Learning Professional's Role
- Remaining Sane while Leading Change
- Safety Issues for HR: Recording and Reporting
- Social Media and HR: Developing an Action Plan
- Vision Powered Management: Empowering Employees to Deliver Increased Productivity and Income
Click the links below for course descriptions and online registration.