Study the latest energy, green building and sustainability technologies, cost-reduction strategies and money-saving energy management techniques.
The 30-hour Energy Management Certificate offered by Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno examines the essentials of building-energy management technologies, regulatory compliance issues and increasing efficiency and return on investment. Participants will investigate the latest energy cost-reduction strategies and energy resource management techniques while earning a recognizable educational credential from the University demonstrating mastery of key skills and concepts integral to success in the increasingly competitive energy management field.
Designed for building managers, facility/plant managers, construction planners, engineers, maintenance personnel, small-business owners, green energy entrepreneurs and others interested in energy resources, the program provides tools to effectively assess the energy efficiency of a building and to identify ways to cut energy costs, eliminate unnecessary energy waste, ensure compliance and save money. Taught by energy management expert Scott Terrell, M.A., course sessions focus on real-world energy- and money-saving strategies to reduce dependence on nonrenewable resources and improve the bottom line.
For information about the Energy Management Certificate or about developing a customized training opportunity for your business or organization, email Amy Ginder at Extended Studies or call her direct line at (775) 784-4759.
- Energy and Power Use Trends
- Siting, Buildings and Measures
- Space Heating/Cooling and Distribution
- HVAC Operations and Maintenance
- Electric End-Uses
- Gas End-Uses
- Emerging Technologies
- Water-Energy Connection
- Water Heating and Conservation
- Renewable Energy/Distributed Generation
- Modular Power Generation
- Optimization and Analysis of New and Existing Building Performance
- Building Types, Sectors, Green Buildings and Rating Systems
- Integration of Heating, Cooling and Power Systems
- Energy and Water Economics
- Demand Response
- Corporate and Plant Procurement
- Incentives and Financing Energy Management Measures
View the Extended Studies Professional Development calendar for more courses and certificate programs scheduled throughout the year.