Adobe® InDesign® is far more than a layout tool. It is the collaboration portal for authors, editors, production artists and graphic designers. And Adobe Acrobat® is, in many ways, more effective and persuasive than your web browser. The Dynamic Publishing Workshop builds on the synergy between these two "workhorse" applications. Learn how effectively business and creative documents can synchronize during import and export. This is an ideal opportunity for journalists and marketing professionals to begin "leveraging your layouts."
This 8-hour advanced graphics professional workshop is geared for the production artist who strives for "deadlines without drama," or the overworked wordsmith with InDesign CS4 or CS5 experience.
In four informative sessions you will:
Sessions are scheduled to give you time to review the materials and convert practice into workplace effectiveness.
- Create an environment where you can “pour” your content into layouts, and publish more with less effort.
- Engineer signature multi-language documents that can be maintained by remote collaborators and compiled worldwide.
- Lay the groundwork for multi-channel export (print, PDF, XML, eBook, web).
- Orchestrate new relationships with MS-Office® / OpenOffice.org™ / Acrobat.com / Adobe Connect™ / Adobe Creative Suite® and Adobe InCopy® (for authors /editors).
The course is designed to help attendees experience substantial productivity gains and learn to create different types of documents by:
- Enabling PDF alteration markup with clients using Adobe Acrobat Reader® only
- Maintaining PDF navigational buttons in multiple-chapter publications
- Creating catalogs, specification sheets and white papers using Data Merge and other database publishing techniques
- Replacing presentation slides with engaging interactive PDF
- Streamlining PDF form creation and tracking using InDesign and Acrobat.com
- Infusing print projects with additional color, bonus material, slide shows and keywords prior to electronic posting
- Making PDF-only documents, such as an interactive organizational chart with pop-out photos
- Building complementary Master, Style, Layer, Table, Object, and Effect combos
See the Graphics Professional Series overview for links to more courses of interest to beginning and experienced graphic artists, web designers, photographers and students.