Beginning and advanced certificates offer strategies to resolve conflicts early and enhance organizational efficiency
The Beginning and Advanced Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate Programs were developed by Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, in partnership with the Neighborhood Mediation Center, a nonprofit agency funded by Washoe County to provide free court mediation and dispute resolution services. Mediation is a voluntary, confidential process that involves the skillful intervention of a third-party professional to help resolve disputes that arise between two or more parties. Mediators help clarify key issues, build possible options and devise solutions that work well for all.
The University of Nevada, Reno's 40-hour certificate programs in mediation and conflict resolution provide preparation for professionals in human resources and other areas of management to enhance employee relations, assist with employee conflicts, improve supervisory skills, and develop strategies to recognize and resolve conflicts early. Mediation skills are useful for those who consult or work in private industry or in public or government agencies. For more information about the field of mediation and conflict resolution, call the Neighborhood Mediation Center, (775) 788-2127 or visit: www.mediatenmc.org.
Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate Programs provide:
- Knowledge of the concepts and practices of mediation and its uses and limits
- Understanding of the core principles and values that guide mediation
- Instruction in the skills required to differentiate between personal style and program requirements
- Mediation skills related to communication, listening, problem solving, cultural diversity and agreement writing
- Development of an awareness of your own values and personal biases, including those toward people in conflict
- Proficiency in the use of the tools of mediation, and confidence in the capabilities of your co-mediators and the potential for individuals to handle problems in their own lives
- Certificate from the University of Nevada, Reno and the Neighborhood Mediation Center
Click the links below for program information and online registration.