Online Registration Instructions, March 19 - July 26
A number of camp slots have been reserved for each grade level in each class. Educators have designed our KIDS U classes to be age appropriate for children entering specific grade ranges in Fall 2016 as noted in class descriptions and the scheduling grid. (Children registered into classes outside their grade will be asked to transfer to a grade-appropriate class.) Please note: No participant-initiated refunds or transfers will be given after the start of class.
Classes may fill quickly; early registration is advised! If you choose to register on opening day, March 19, please follow these instructions that will help you register each child as efficiently as possible on opening day:
Prior to March 19: Set up your child's online record here.
- New KIDS U participants: To expedite opening-day registration, establish each child's online record in advance of March 19. Go to the sign-in screen at sign-in. Click to create a new sign-in under the "New Visitors" section and follow the prompts. (You will enter your child's name and password; a parent's billing information will be required.) Click submit to complete your child's record; sign out after completing his/her record. More than one child? Sign in again to complete another child's online record; sign out when completed. An active email account is required for online registration so parents can receive important camp information, enrollment confirmation and payment receipts.
- Returning participants: Please sign in under your child's name and password. Review his/her profile and make any necessary changes at this time so you will be ready for opening-day registration. (Sign out and repeat for each child.) If you do not have your child's password, click on "Forgot your password? Click here" and a new one will be emailed to you.
- Each of your children must be registered individually in their own names.
Prior to March 19: Pre-select 2-4 alternatives per week from the KIDS U grid.
- Read the KIDS U brochure (or preview the online list of classes) before opening-day registration and note your alternatives for each week your child will attend. This will help in planning if your first choice is not available March 19.
- Prior to March 19, you can preview all KIDS University classes online. Familiarizing yourself with the online list of classes in advance will assist you on opening-day registration; the "add to cart" shopping tab will not be active until March 19, when registration begins.
On March 19 (or after): Go to www.KIDSU.unr.edu, sign in and follow the prompts.
- Slots are available for each grade noted in each class. Classes can fill quickly! Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration opens on March 19 and continues through midnight, July 24:
- For GRADES 2-4: "Add to cart" shopping tab will not be active until March 19, 8 a.m.
- For GRADES 5-8: "Add to cart" shopping tab will not be active until March 19, 9 a.m.
- Register and complete payment for one child at a time. When selecting classes to put into your cart, remember that registration is not complete until payment is processed and you click the "Click to Finish" button. When you reach the payment processing screen, you MAY receive an error message indicating a class is already full, even though you were able to add it to your cart. That class will have to be removed from your cart before payment for the remaining items can be processed.
- Your payment holds your space for each class; you may choose to pay the $25 nonrefundable deposit OR the full-day or half-day fee, using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. If you select the full-day or half-day fee option when adding to your shopping cart, or if you register within 10 working days before camp, payment in FULL will be required during your online session.
- After your payment is processed, click the "Click to Finish" button at the bottom of the page. You MUST click this button to return you to the Extended Studies website to view/print your confirmation/receipt screen and initiate the auto-email process that will send you email confirmation. If you do not receive an email from us within one hour of completing your registration, please contact us.
- Your deposit and space in class will be forfeited if full payment is not received at least 10 working days before your camp session begins.
- More than one child? Sign in again and repeat the process.
- Please note: If any class you selected is "FULL" and you wish to be placed on a waiting list, click the "waitlist" link and fill out the form. The waiting list is on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be contacted if a space becomes available.
Daily schedules and mandatory forms: Go to www.KIDSU.unr.edu
- Beginning April 30, weekly camp schedules, health and behavior pledge forms, locations, drop-off/pick-up information and what to bring to camp will be available online. Download and submit mandatory health and parent/child pledge forms prior to camp.
Registrations can also be completed March 21 - July 22, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. by:
- Phone with credit card payment; please call (775) 784-4062 or 1-800-233-8928.
- Walk-in, at our Redfield Campus offices in south Reno: Extended Studies Enrollment Services, Room 224, Nell J. Redfield Building A, 18600 Wedge Parkway, Reno, NV 89511.
- Please note: NO MAILED OR FAXED REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you have any questions, please call us at (775) 784-4062; our staff will be available to answer your questions on Saturday, March 19 from 8 a.m. - noon, and on weekdays from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., March 21 - July 22.